Liaise supported living services in London provide specialist support to people with mental health needs, so that they can remain independent within their own homes and communities. We believe that with the right support in place, everyone can live a happy and fulfilling life in their own homes, with their own tenancies.
We support people with a wide variety of mental health needs including bipolar disorder, depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder. The support we provide is always person-centred and tailored to each individual so that they can live their best, most fulfilling lives.
How Does Supported Living in London Work?
Supported living is a service that allows people with mental health needs or other complex care needs to live as independently as possible in their own homes, alone or with other people. Experienced and dedicated staff are there to provide extra practical, physical and emotional support whenever needed.
Unlike residential care homes, supported living provides the people who live there with individual tenancies. The house itself is often provided through a specialist landlord while the individual support is offered by a care provider like Liaise. This affords people greater choice and autonomy over their own environment.
Supported living for people with mental health needs offers a range of support services that are tailored to their specific needs. This can include assistance with medication management, accessing mental health services, and support during times of crisis.
In supported living, staff work closely with each individual to help them develop the skills and confidence they need to live as independently as possible. The support provided is flexible and can be adapted to meet the changing needs of the individual.
Here you can learn more about our unique supported living services.
The Benefits of Supported Living in London for Mental Health Needs
By providing flexible support and opportunities for socialisation and community integration, supported accommodations for mental health can help people flourish.
Services are built around promoting choice and control over their own lives, and as such, the individual works in partnership with supportive agencies to create the support they want, when they want it.
Here are some of the many benefits of supported living:
- Greater Independence: Supported housing for mental needs can help individuals develop the skills they need to live more independently. This increased independence can lead to improved self-esteem and a greater sense of control over their lives.
- Socialisation and Community Integration: Supported living can provide opportunities for individuals to socialise with others and become more integrated into their local communities. This can reduce feelings of isolation and loneliness and help to develop meaningful relationships.
- Flexible Support: Supported living can offer flexible support that is tailored to the individual’s specific mental health needs. This can include assistance with medication management, accessing mental health services, and support during times of crisis.
- Increased Stability: Supported living can provide a stable and structured environment for individuals with mental health needs. This can reduce stress and anxiety, which can exacerbate mental health symptoms.
- Improved Health Outcomes: Supported living can improve mental health outcomes by providing access to a range of services and support, including counselling, therapy, and medication management.
- Family Support: Supported living provides families with peace of mind, knowing that their loved one is being well-cared for in a supportive and nurturing environment.
Supported Living in London
Living with a mental health need within a big city such as London can be scary and confusing. Family and friends need to work and quite often access to support is limited due to health services buckling under the pressure of demand.
For the individual struggling with their mental health or in crisis, this can lead to further isolation and vulnerability. Receiving good quality support at home is essential and can provide reassurance to the individual, their family and their friends. Supported living staff get to know the individual within their own environment by building solid relationships which enable them to acquire in-depth knowledge of how the person’s condition affects their specific situation.
Preventative and responsive support such as quick access to services or mental health review becomes possible because the team understands which patterns of behaviours lead to acute escalation of illness and hospital admission. They can intervene with strategies that ensure the individual remains safe and cared for at home for as long as possible.
What’s Included in Supported Living in London for Mental Health Needs?
For many individuals and their families, knowing that there is always someone there to help and provide support can be reassuring. Supported living packages are designed completely to the needs of the person at the centre. Support is tailored to what the individual and their family feel is needed and can range from a few hours a week to more intensive 24-hour arrangements.
What is provided can include any combination of support services and activities, all aimed at improving the individual’s quality of life such as the management of medications and support to attend health appointments. Social support and finding employment, help with practical tasks at home and finding a new hobby are crucial.
Supported living in London can make a significant difference to someone who wants to live independently and has a mental health need. It can help someone be in their own home, remaining well and connected to others for much longer and can promote the learning of new skills to prepare them for the next step in self-managing their condition.
Supported Living in London Near Me
Here at Liaise, we offer person-centred supported living and residential housing solutions for people that require extra help in managing their mental health so that they can flourish.
We create a detailed, highly-personalised support plan for each individual that takes into consideration not only their support needs but their goals and preferences as well. Whatever their personal goals and ambitions may be, our dedicated staff is there to provide friendly encouragement and support on their journey to greater independence.
If you are interested in learning more about our supported living in London for people with mental health needs, contact our friendly team. We look forward to hearing from you.