How Does
Funding Work?

At Liaise We Provide Residential and Supported Living Services. The Funding for Each of These is Slightly Different

If a person needs a residential home the funding to meet both their support needs and their housing / day to day financial support is met by their local authority or CCG. These costs are met by the person’s local authority/CCG regardless of where a person chooses to live in the county.

If a person needs a supported living home, only the support need costs are met by their local authority/CCG. A person would rent their home, have a tenancy and pay for the cost of their home, and all day to day costs/expenses from their benefits. If a person has complex needs and doesn’t have the capacity to manage these areas, a best interests meeting will be held and people will be allocated to support the person as required.

One key point to note is that if someone’s support needs change and cannot be met in a particular residential home, the person would need to move homes to have that changing need met. If the person is living in their own supported living home and has a tenancy, and their support needs cannot be met with the existing staff; then a different provider can be sourced to provide the support required and the person can continue to live in their home. In supported living the support someone requires and their accommodation arrangements are separate. A person can only be asked to leave their home if they break the tenancy agreement.

The Funding Process

In all cases it is key for the adult social care team to be involved in supporting the assessment of a person’s needs and the sourcing to meet that person’s needs. The individual’s adult social care team are usually known, but where they are not, they should be contacted.

Families often do research and contact potential providers to enquire about residential or supported living services and the professional day to day support that could be available. This can be very helpful and provide a strong foundation from which to discussions with the adult social care team can take place. A social worker is usually assigned to support each person and their families, together they work on finding the most appropriate service for people.

Ultimately whether supporting living or residential options are chosen, the local authority social worker will be required to present a case for funding the person’s needs. This funding comes from the local authorities/CCG adult social care or health budget and requires significant diligence to ensure the best value. On occasions the funding of a persons support can be split between adult social care (local authorities) and health (CCG’s)

Where a person is moving to a supported living home, they or those acting on their behalf will be supported to complete and process all the required paperwork, in order that the person receives the benefits they are entitled to. These benefits will pay for their rent and day to day expenses/bills.

Get in Touch

We are here to support you. To find out more about our high quality residential and supported living services, do not hesitate to  contact us.

Contact Us

Want examples of our specialist care?

See case studies